Saturday, January 21, 2012

Forensics piece needed! Prose.?

So I had to double enter in my forenics competition. I'm doing Dual interp and Pros. My duo partner and I are doing a sceen from the producers but I'm still looking for a prose piece. I had done white oleander last week in westbend but it was really difficult. There really was no story in the section that I did. O.O I'm looking for something like "Stones in the river" or something that's a story but also very strongly worded. Help wanted.

Forensics piece needed! Prose.?
The best way to find Prose pieces is to go to any book store and look through books of short stories. Some good collections for females are This is NOT Chicklit or This IS Chicklit.

My piece last year was called "The Crack Cocaine Diet" by Laura Lippman, which was kind of creepy but still funny and dramatic. (It's in a short story collection called "The Cocaine Chronicles")

Another great piece is "Snow Glass Apples" by Neil Gaiman. Some of the more dark sections of the story may have to be taken out for time and content, but it's also a very interesting piece--a twist on Snow White.

If nothing else, go for a Roald Dahl story (such as "The Landlady") or one of your favorite novels.

If you're in a time crunch, I would suggest focusing on finding short stories, because they're easier to cut down when you're low on prep time.

affiliate reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment