Saturday, January 14, 2012

What is the best way to transport plant cuttings?

I am visiting my sister who lives 9 hours away. I am taking some cuttings from her garden to try to root and transplant into my garden. Mainly I am taking green cuttings from Trumpet Honeysuckle, oleander, and jasmine. How can I keep the cuttings fresh during the long drive?

What is the best way to transport plant cuttings?
I agree with Danette and also put them in a cooler with a little bit of ice. This will help keep them cool, they won't dry out and they will stay moist!



I work at a nursery and our drivers carry a cooler on each trip because customers give us cuttings, so I know this works.



Good luck!
Reply:wrap the stalk or stem parts up in wet paper towels then put handiwrap around that. that should keep um damp untill you get home


No comments:

Post a Comment