Saturday, January 21, 2012

When should I trim and?

cut back my Oleanders? They were here when I moved in and they don't look very good; the blooms don't last long and not very many new blooms. I live in hot summer temp.

When should I trim and?
Oleanders only bloom in the spring to early summer. Cut them back in the winter, almost to the ground if you like, they will come back.

Be sure to wear gloves and clothing when working with oleanders, the sap is milky, sticky and poisonous. If you don't like the way they look, you'll have to try and dig them out and kill them with a weed/grass killer...

They usually do well in the heat, as long as you don't water the heck out of'em...they also need acidic food. (same as azeleas, some shrubs)
Reply:you have the same problem as me

i would suggest we should water them more and about the trimming i dunno either


No comments:

Post a Comment