Saturday, January 7, 2012

I am propagating butterfly Bushes, flowering quince, oleander and a few others. Where can I market these?

I want to start propagating and selling to growers, anyone have some experience and help me out? I have been propagating for a few years but want to start making money at it! Thanks in advance!

I am propagating butterfly Bushes, flowering quince, oleander and a few others. Where can I market these?
First, you need to check with your state to see about probably getting a nursery license. Here in the state of Indiana, you have to have a nursery license if you are going to sell live plants. Any stock that is sent to you has to be certified stock and inspectors have to come into your nursery to certify that your nursery stock does not contain any diseases. Also by becoming a certified nursery there are certain plants that can't be sent to certain states.



Once you become a certified nursery then your nursery becomes known to other nurseries and you can sell to them when they run short on plants they need. Plus there are websites where you can advertise what plants you have to other nurseries or you can even sell plants on Ebay.



But first and foremost you need to see about becoming a certified nursery.



Also, you have to be careful regarding some plants that you propogate. Some plants have patents on them and if you propogate and sell plants from that patented plant you have to pay the patent owner a fee.
Reply:Try a farmer's market, I'd like to have some.


No comments:

Post a Comment