Saturday, January 7, 2012

Okay, so I have an oleander and it was exposed to a bit of a frosty weather. How do I combat the damage I find

The leaves look dull and turn brown and oh so dry. Please don't say the Leaf Scorch thing because i would rather hope it is something with a cure. should I cut it back and please, detailed instructions in cutting, where and all. Just assuming it is frost bite. please, and thank you.

Okay, so I have an oleander and it was exposed to a bit of a frosty weather. How do I combat the damage I find
Frost damage will show a line of demarcation later on, just prune back to about 1/4 inch above a bud below the killed back area and later thin out for form and balance.
Reply:Yep,



I have oleanders and they are extremely sensitive to the cold weather. You know jack frost got them when the leaves and stems turn tannish brown. The only thing you can do is cut them back to the area that still have color. I'd wait until the frost is all gone before doing surgery though.



good luck


No comments:

Post a Comment